*Note: This is an outdated blog post. Please check out our new site for updates.
It’s mid Aug, is your Remind101 account ready to go back-to-school? We’ve definitely been feeling fall rapidly approaching over here with new activity on the site, and an influx of students subscribing around the country. (Yay!)
So…we figured it’s time to put together our recommended checklist to help you get ready for a new year of communicating safely.We call it, “The Remind101 Back-to-School Checklist”
(Clever. I know.)1) First and foremost, make sure that you’ve removed last year’s classes and/or students from your account. Fresh year, fresh account!
2) Add your 2012-2013 school year classes! Need a little refresher on adding a new class? Log into your account on www.remind101.com. After you login, look for the blue “add +” button in the upper left of the page. When you click that you’ll be prompted to add your new class name, and pick your class code. Save it and you’ll be taken to your class invite screen where you’ll see instructions on how your students/parents can subscribe.
3) Print off your PDF sign up instructions to hand out in class, or to parents during orientation. To get those, log into your account on www.remind101.com, find the class you want instructions for, and then click “Invite” next to the class name.On the left side of the page you’ll see a box with printable PDF instructions on how to subscribe via text, email or both.
4) New to the site and just need a little help navigating? We’ve had some incredible teachers make videos completely of their own accord this summer that should help you out. Check out this particularly amazing one from Jessica for her blog, Mrs. Stanford’s Class.
Plus, we’ve put together some brand new, highly requested, PDF docs about Remind101 for you to dish out to your principal, district admin, students, parents, wife, husband, dog or you know, whoever. We’re hoping these informational docs make approval and adoption at your school even easier! Check them out here and let us know what you think.
5) Canadian teachers – have you switched over from a US phone number to a Canadian one yet? Make sure to check out our blog post on how to do that if you haven’t.
6) Communicate smarter on the go by downloading our iPhone app.
Waiting on the Android app? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll add you to our list to notify when it’s ready.
Not into apps? You can also access your account and send messages from your phone’s mobile browser.
6) Finally, stay up to date on site changes/updates and fun stuff this year by connecting with us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!Other questions, concerns, crisis, traumas (my middle school history teacher used to say that when he gave out homework assignments…ah memories) email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope you’re as excited as we are to get this school year started!