Update: We’ve had a great run, but Remind is no longer able to reimburse CoffeeEdus as of September 1, 2017. Thanks for sharing with us!
CoffeeEdu, founded by Alice Keeler, is a 1 hour teacher-driven event where teachers come together to chat about whatever they like. Want to host a CoffeeEdu? For a limited time, Remind can help sponsor your event up to $25.
How to plan
- If you haven’t already, sign up to become a Remind Connected Educator.
- Select a convenient time and place to host your event, perhaps at or near your school.
- Create a Remind class for CoffeeEdu or events at your school and invite others to join.
- Use our CoffeeEdu logo for advertising your event on social media, flyers, or emails.
- Advertise the event to your school via email, flyers, and on Twitter and tweet us at @RemindHQ so we can re-tweet it.
During your event
- Arrive early to set up a table so you’re ready to welcome attendees! Pay for everyone’s coffee up to $25 and make sure to get a receipt so that we can reimburse you. Be sure to get everyone’s names and contact info so you can submit for reimbursement.
- Facilitate the conversation so that everyone gets to share something they’re excited about trying in their classroom, and make sure everyone is heard.
- Take a video or pics of teachers and tweet it out! Include #CoffeeEdu and @RemindHQ
- Post a photo of your CoffeeEdu on Instagram using the hashtag #CoffeeEdu, and the CoffeeEdu page will automatically re-post it!
How to be reimbursed
- Make sure to recruit at least 5 teachers to attend your event, but aim for 10-15!
- Take a picture of the receipt and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Report how your event went on this form. Once we receive your report we’ll reimburse you.
We hope you enjoy your CoffeeEdu! (: